Thursday, April 8, 2010

April

I've never been so busy in my life, but I keep reminding myself that it will all definitely be worth it in the end (that, and a steady dose of Forza Coffee Company - I wouldn't be surprised if they started charging me rent, since I'm there so often).

So, technically on the WOFT front nothing has happened - it is essentially a waiting game until my 3-month LASIK post-op exam so that I can proceed to the MEPS Physical and then the Flight Physical. My LASIK appointment is April 23rd. I am scheduled to take the AFAST on April 21st. My packet is due on May 15th for the July board. Crunch time, indeed. I'm also waiting on two more letters of recommendation to come in, continuing to edit my essay, and just finished creating a badass resume using the military resume format. Also, I've gotten really into running and now have to force myself to take "off" days so as to avoid an overuse injury and set myself back. Hopefully I will score well on the APFT when I have to take it, and ace it by the time the boards roll around (not sure when that will be).

On the school front, things are nuts. I am taking 25 credits (5 classes) this quarter, 15 of which are 400-level courses. Even if I didn't have WOFT to worry about I'd be stressed. I also have to finish up my graduation portfolio that is due Friday, which is required to graduate. My last final is June 10th, and then I'll be done.

Also, I was recently hired for an Enumerator position with the U.S. Census Bureau which starts at the end of April and is 20-40 hours per week. It will be for two months, so basically until the end of June. However, that means that I must finish as much homework and WOFT stuff as possible now so that I don't have to worry about it when I start my job. I intend to use the money from that for more flying lessons (I haven't flown since Nov. 18), and maybe a short trip to Europe with a friend. We'll see.

Apologies for not updating this blog in over a month. Simply put, I have been exhausted.

No comments: