Saturday, May 10, 2008

my top ten favorite things (currently):

1. my new model ship, named fred. he's otherwise known as the "fragata siglo XVIII." he's quite pretty, and can be viewed below.
2. maps! i've been surfing ebay for a large vintage world map that i can tack to the wall of my room in the new house.
3. colored walls! my room next year is going be green! a nice green, too. i've only ever had white walls, so this is really exciting.
4. bass lessons with nate query. he's awesome. and basses are sexy.
5. records--my friends have slowly peaked my interest in records, and i am now addicted. my collection is slowly but surely growing!
6. laura gibson - "if you come to greet me" is awesome, particularly on vinyl, with all the crackling. go buy it.
7. "underworld" by don delilo. i'd read half of the 800 page monster over winter break, but mistakenly left it at home. i brought it back with me last thursday. spectacular read.
8. sumatra coffee. i blame max and nick.
9. discovering new places in southeast portland. i was driving to my bass lesson and didn't even know that part of portland existed. am excited to go check it out during the summer.
10. the sound of helicopter rotors going thwop-thwop. and one of the few things i miss about being home in federal way: being directly in the flight path of mcchord afb, which meant all the c-130 cargo planes rumbling by at low altitude, shaking the house. man i miss that roar.

till next time,
lindsey

p.s. in case you're curious-i've got a paper to write. read: procrastination.

No comments: