Tuesday, May 27, 2008

sigh. i'm not quite fully independent, apparently. because my parents have my birth certificate, passport, etc. i couldn't start work today. secondary identification blah blah blah. transparent politics is (are?) good, but this is ridiculous. i had a scanned passport, after all. geez.

i'm starting to think twice about this job. i mean, to be fair, i haven't started yet. but usually i'd be really excited for this type of work. i don't know. i think reed is just making me really cynical of everything. critical thinking gone a little too far? we analyze everything but never seem to make the leap from criticism of policy and ideas to forming ideas about how to make it better. we break down but don't build.

i don't know what's up with my mood. everything is perfect, but i guess i just feel a huge disconnect from everything. the house is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it feels very isolated. quiet.

what is the world doing?

No comments: