Sunday, January 24, 2010

*Insert Choir Music Here*

It's a miracle, a bloody miracle! I can SEE!!!

Seriously though, it's great. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have contacts I need to take out before I go to sleep. I wake up in the morning and think "oh ****, did I leave my contacts in?"

On my one-day post-op, I was measured at 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other. My far-sighted vision is absolutely incredible. My near vision is taking longer to return properly; things look a bit blurry up close, but that is apparently normal and should get better in the next few days. My night vision is pretty decent, actually, just bright car lights and street lamps look bigger, but I definitely see well enough to drive.

The surgery itself wasn't bad at all. It was uncomfortable, but SO quick it was totally worth it, and really not a big hassle. After the surgery, I just felt like I needed to keep my eyes closed because they were really sensitive to light, but no real pain per se. Six hours later, I could open my eyes and see the news ticker on CNN from across the hotel room. It was *incredible*.

These next few days will be interesting as my vision continues to improve and stabilize. So far, best decision of my life!

No comments: