Sunday, November 29, 2009

Online Courses!

I love online courses, especially free ones. I was informed about the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association's (AOPA) Air Safety Foundation (ASF) Program, which is a series of online, interactive modules on the AOPA's website that focus on pilot safety, weather, GPS technology, runway safety, etc. After the completion of a module, it shows up on your ASF Course Transcript, and you can print off a certificate if you have a current pilot's license.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet obtained my Student Pilot's License, which I don't need until I solo, but I think I'll go grab it anyway. At least then I can start accumulating these certificates, which can then be used for the FAA's WINGS program, and is another WOFT resume-builder, hopefully. At any rate, these courses are extremely interesting and I've learned a lot so far.

Completed:
1) Runway Safety
2) Do the Right Thing: Decision-Making for Pilots

Next step: take my 3rd Class Medical exam so I can get my Student Pilot certificate!

No comments: